Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ruth's Chris

My mother passed this email special on to me because the little girl bore a striking resemblance to my younger days. Although I am sure my hair wouldn’t have been so neatly quaffed and my face might have already had a bit of béarnaise across it… But that’s neither here nor there.

Though the special flaunts what appears to be a fabulous Sunday Dinner-Ruth’s Chris Steak House is serving up more than beef! I often hear the reason for not dining there is the over priced steaks. Well, have you considered ordering something other than red meat?

My very reasonable favorites include:

Crabtini of Colossal lump crabmeat tossed in house vinaigrette and served with a classic Creole remoulade sauce in a chilled martini glass.

The Chopped Salad is a Ruth's Chris original. Julienne iceberg lettuce, baby spinach and radicchio are tossed with red onions, mushrooms, green olives, bacon, eggs, hearts of palm, croutons, bleu cheese, lemon basil dressing and then topped with crispy onions.

The Ahi Tuna is perfectly complemented by a spirited sauce with hints of ginger, mustard and beer.

And don’t forget the incredible sides!
Potatoes Lyonnaise, Sautéed with onions
Asparagus with béarnaise
And over sized onion rings!

But then again, I eat a la carte almost everywhere I go and often create a vegetarian farmers market plate just because.

If you are willing to indulge, try the Orange Citrus Mojito made with Bacardi O Rum, Triple Sec orange liqueur, fresh squeezed orange and lime juices with just a splash of seltzer.
And finally, finish the meal with a celebration of natural flavors. Simple and simply sensational. Seasonal Berries with Sweet Cream Sauce.
Devine.

No comments: