Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Young Whippersnappers


Right after Christmas I had my tonsils taken out. I was probably too old to have it done, but I was tired of battling strep throat and sinus infections! While I was busy suffering not so silently, my dear friend Vivian kept me company. She brought me fresh local honey and pancake mix, which I was able to enjoy immensely even considering the pain; and even made sure I washed my poodle pajamas before I put them back on. Flash forward 3 months and now it’s her turn to be ‘laid up. She endured a far more serious surgery than I did, and is dealing with it with far more grace. I made these lemon original cookies for her and can’t wait to try out her modifications next time! Think of those chocolate orange slices that you crack open…She was always the culinary creative one--Yum.

Lemon Whippersnappers

1 8 oz. package lemon cake with pudding
8-9 oz. package Cool Whip
2 eggs, beaten

BEAT eggs and INCORPORATE the coolwhip.

STIR in the cake mix and fold by hand.

CHILL batter for at least an hour or overnight.

DROP batter by teaspoonful into powdered sugar and roll to cover.

BAKE at 350 degrees 9-10 minutes on greased cookie sheet.

No comments: