Monday, April 4, 2011

Spoleto Festival Take Two!

Next item to catch you up on is that I’ve been offered a position with the Spoleto Festival again! The exciting news means I might be moving to Charleston a bit sooner than I expected, but no worries though because I have a place in Mount Pleasant with a couple other fabulously fun girls!

The job would be under Leslee Newcomb, master make-up artist and wig extraordinaire! Why she would agree to take me on as her apprentice again is beyond me? But nonetheless, I am thrill and honored!

If you want to catch up on her work and hear a little about the festival’s past, check out the
Lowcountry Digital Library!


Leslee Newcomb has been a wig and make-up designer for Spoleto since 1978. She discusses the intimacy of wig and make-up design and her interaction with performers and details the changes she's seen in Charleston since her first Spoleto Festival U.S.A.

Want tickets to see the master’s work?

Want to hear the latest and greatest news as it happens?

No comments: