Thursday, April 14, 2011

F.M.Ps

Today’s debate, which may or may not be covered by C-Span, is on the topic of F.M.P.s—If you don’t know exactly what those are, please check here for classic examples, hott examples, an excellent collection, and if that wasn’t enough, a blunt definition.


What are you thinking so far?

In my 22 years of high heel wearing wisdom, here is what I have learned:

How do I know if I own shoes that would qualify as the aforementioned label? I’m pretty sure most heels I own (a couple pairs are even pictured on the SW page) resemble this adage. Who wants to wear ratty kitten heels anymore?

If I do own a pair or two, am I immediately going to be labeled as a certain type of person for wearing them?If Suri Cruise can rock them, I think it would be a bit antiquated to suggest otherwise.

I’m a logical thinker and am still trying to wrap my toes around it… Are they a separate genre like underwear vs. lingerie? Hm. Now that’s a thought. Church shoes, play shoes, come F’Me shoes… I like it.

Is it a compliment when someone notices such shoes? I would hope so! Isn’t that the purpose of shelling out the dough?

Do they work? All I can say is that I agree with the great guitarist Lita Ford, “Stiletto, I look at it more as an attitude as opposed to a high-heeled shoe.”

Hope that helps clarify.

No comments: