Thursday, February 3, 2011

Quit You


If you haven’t figured it out by now, I love cheese. Sharp, mild; firm, soft; domestic, imported. You name it, I’ve probably tried it and liked it. As far as I am concerned, there’s nothing better than a good cheese plate. Okay, maybe I can think of one or two things—but it’s a seriously narrow margin. I’ve done a lot of “quitting” this week. In both a shameful ceasing to continue what I started way and also by applying the brakes where needed. But as far as cheese goes, I rely on Jack Twist’s poignant line from Brokeback Mountain, (regardless of your political beliefs) “I wish I knew how to quit you [cheese]. “

Infamous Cheese Dip
3 8oz packages, softened cream cheese
2 bags good shredded parmesan
1 cup mayonaise
1 bag chopped frozen onions thawed and drained

MIX together all ingredients and place in a baking dish. I use an 8” scalloped round pie dish.

SPRINKLE more parmesan on top to give it a crust.

BAKE at 350 for 45 or until there is a nice brown crust on top and the edges are bubbly.

SERVE with Frito Scoops. The big ones.

NOTE: This is not the place to skimp on the calories. The reduced fat cheeses don’t melt as well and then you get a dense sticky mess. Go for the full fat here, it’s worth it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are no words to describe the happiness I feel about this.