Friday, February 4, 2011

Coconut Rum [Cake]


This monsoon has me wishing for some tropical island paradise—somewhere with bronzed men and little umbrellas in my drink… And though I leave for a Bahamas cruise in March, the weeks aren’t nearly flying by in time! Of course this is the time that one should begin getting into shape for bikini season, alas, if I keep making cakes like this, that will become an issue. But here on this dreary day, I can hear the sound of coconuts falling from nearby trees and feel the waves as they lap at my feet. Or maybe those are the cars driving through the puddled moat outside our back door.

Coconut Rum Cake
1 box white cake mix (I used Duncan Hine’s Golden Butter)
1 small box of coconut cream pudding
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tbsp coconut extract
3 tbsps Myers Dark Rum

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.

MIX all ingredients and pour into a greased Bundt pan.(DO NOT mix cake batter according to recipe on box)

BAKE for 45-50 minutes or until the edges have firmly pulled away from the sides.

COOL for about 10 min. If you are using a regular, non scalloped edge, Bundt pan-- run a knife around the edges gently to loosen the cake.

PLACE your plate or cake stand on top of the pan and flip it over. It should come out easily.

No comments: