Thursday, February 3, 2011

Greenbay Steelers all the way! Erm.


Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning. Right. I got stopped by the always seemingly endless train on my way to work. Not a fine morning. But in a re-caped conversation with a friend last night: “By the way, what are you doing for the super bowl?” “No plans, when is it?” “Um, this Sunday” “Oh, right.” “Let’s do something fun!” “…I’ll make something” So here I am, with my standard football fare. (If I could digress, pull down my red ray-bans, and defend my honor for a second—I love football. College football. That is all.)

Carolina Caviar
2 cans shoe peg corn, drained
2 cans black eyed peas, drained
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 small bottle of zesty Italian dressing
Cilantro, snipped leaves
Chips of choice, something hearty like blue corn or Tostitos scoops work well.

CHOP and MIX until you have a mélange.

NOTE: I start with half of the bottle of zesty Italian and then add more if needed as it sits. Much like coleslaw, the dressing multiplies!

No comments: