Friday, January 21, 2011

Contains Nuts


When I walk into department stores, grocery stores, and themed party stores, all I see are Valentine’s Day displays. Isn’t it a little early for that? While it seems that big business is moving forward with great haste, some seem to be stuck in the holiday spirit(s). I was just saying yesterday that I was almost ready for spring. I was admiring the new collection of Lilly Pulitzer dresses and the wedged pastel Jack Rogers for the Carolina Cup—however it seems that my booted feet have been grounded once again and I am still in a winter wonderland for a few more months. Here’s to the end of January & here’s your recipe Mr. Wrong.

Bourbon Balls
1 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers
1 cup finely chopped pecans
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
2 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup Maker's Mark
Powdered sugar

COMBINE vanilla wafers, pecans, powdered sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl; stir well.

COMBINE corn syrup and bourbon, stirring well. Pour bourbon mixture over wafer mixture; stir until blended.

SHAPE into 1-inch balls and refrigerate for 2 hours.

NOTES: When ready to serve, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.

No comments: